The visually stunning vehicle takes its name from the golden ratio, a mathematical proportion that’s said to produce aesthetically pleasing art and architecture. Other inspirations for the project include the Giant Pink Sea Snail from Doctor Dolittle, giant mechanical elephant puppets by Royal de Luxe and Jules Verne’s imaginative creations.
See Article by Emily Lang of Wired Magazine,
- PerformanceSpeed:63 mph | 101.5 km/hRange:100mi | 161kmPassengers:4 (with seat belts):19 (absolute maximum capacity)
- DimensionsWeight:1000 lbs | 453.6 kg (front):2000 lbs | 907.2 kg (back):3000 lbs | 1360.8.2 kg (total)Length:187in | 475.0cmWidth:80in | 203.2cmHeight:127in | 322.6cm
- ChassisFrame Construction:1967 Volkswagon Beetle
- DriveBrakes:Rear: Mechanical Drum:Front: Mechanical Drum:Parking: Hand BrakeSuspension:Rear: Air Suspension:Front: Torsion BeamSteering:Manual
- FuelCar Engine:5gal Unleaded Gasoline TankFire Effects:7-10gal RV Propane Tank
- Note:Vehicle specifications subject to change without notice