From the creators of The Golden Mean and The Serpent Twins comes a new stunning spectacle of art car, unique costuming, and performance art called. PROJECT: EMPIRE.
Inspired by the heyday of science fiction concept art, the cryptic history of a canceled NASA mission, and the optimism and hipness of the early 60’s Apollo Rocket Age, Project: EMPIRE (Early Manned Planetary-Interplanetary Roundtrip Expeditions) is the physical creation of a mythological spacecraft and a new anachronistic style we call AEROSPACEPUNK. See Project:Empire.org
Project EMPIRE asks the question: what if NASA had gone farther than Apollo? What if all the crazy proposals had actually been made? What if humanity had become a space-faring race in the middle 1960's and discovered there's much more to outer space than we thought?
We explore the mythological return of a 'lost' NASA mission to Mars (and beyond) where far-traveling humans adapted to survive using their wits, style, and salvaged alien technology to explore a universe before coming home. Built on a large-scale, heavy-duty industrial truck chassis the street-legal art car will be of an impressive size and scope with the highly-detailed execution that people have come to expect from our all-volunteer team of artists, craftspeople, and collaborators. Extensive costumes and an epic backstory complete the picture of a fun traveling band of adventurers re-discovering Earth.
2015-09Oakland Pride Parade
2020-02Jay Leno Monster Garage
- PerformanceSpeed:70 mph | 112 km/hRange:3000mi | 483kmPassengers:7 (with seat belts):35 (absolute maximum capacity)
- DimensionsWeight:9960 lbs | 4518 kgLength:420in | 1067cmWidth:138in | 366cmHeight:216in | 549cm
- ChassisFrame Construction:2002 Isuzu NQR
- DriveBrakes:Rear: Mechanical Drum:Front: Mechanical Drum:Parking: Hand BrakeSuspension:Rear: Spring HD:Front: Spring HDSteering:Manual Assist
- FuelCar Engine:25gal DieselFire Effects:NA
- Note:Vehicle specifications subject to change without notice