– 5/18/17 Update: We’ve sold out of the kits reserved for the first tier pricing and are now at the second. That was the fastest we’ve ever seen the first tier go! Get your order in soon before we hit our third and final tier.
– 5/17/17 Update: Shade kits are now on Sale! We are offering a ≈15% discount on the first 25% of kits sold; the final 25% of kits will cost an extra ≈15%. The prices shown reflect the lowest available.
For more than fifteen years burners have trusted Blackrock Hardware to provide reliable, expandable, trip hazard-free shade on the playa.
Along with supporting our camp, all 2017 proceeds are helping to pay for a complete overhaul of our newest mission- Project: EMPIRE.
- Easy to assemble. Spend less time setting up and more time enjoying your burn.
- No guy lines to trip over. A set nut/bolt welded to the bottom of each leg holds the leg securely to your re-bar stakes.
- Easy to pack. Except for the 8′ and 10′ poles, all parts come packed in either a 27 gallon tote or a 5 gallon bucket (depending on the size of the kit).
- Expandable. Build one big structure out of everyone’s structures or add-on as your camp grows.
- Durable. After over a decade, our first Blackrock Hardware shade kits are still in use.
- Used by the experts. For example: Burning Man Project Founding Board Member Will Roger posted on FB
- Distribution will begin in MID JUNE and will end in LATE JULY. All orders must be picked up from our West Oakland location during one of our designated pick up times. Please familiarize yourself with our pick up information now. If you have questions please email email@example.com.
- Sorry, we are not offering a Gerlach pick up option this year.
- We’ll do our absolute best to work with everyone but please keep in mind that this is a mostly volunteer run operation and our schedules may not permit us to have as many pick up date options as we’d like.
- Once picked up the structure is yours. No returns.
To reward early buyers, we are offering a ≈15% discount on the first 25% of kits sold; the final 25% of kits will cost an extra ≈15%. The prices shown reflect the lowest available.
This years shade proceeds support the Empire of Dirt theme camp and a complete redesign and overhaul of Project: EMPIRE. We are very thankful for your contributions!